Gatchaman Episode 43 - A Romance Destroyed By Evil by TransmuteJun
[Reviews - 0] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

And now we see why. Romina and Julia are locked in this chamber!

Ken shouts at Romina and Julia to get out.

“Don’t worry about us, save yourself!” says Romina, in a strange, echoy-metallic voice.

“Thank you, Gtachaman. We appreciate your efforts, but we are staying here.” Julia says, in the same kind of voice. “I’d rather die human than serve as a cyborg for Galactor!”

“Our deaths will become the foundation for eternal peace between our countries.” says Romina.

Ken tells them that this is crazy, but Romina warns him not to come closer.

“The two of you are important to your countries’ future!” Ken protests. “You have got to think about the citizens of Bien and Ameria!”

“We understand that, but our bodies can no longer be returned to normal.” Romina explains, his Irish accent coming through his echoy-metallic voice. “Galactor turned us into cyborgs, so they could use us to manipulate the people of our countries and to join them. Then they would rob both nations of their underground resources. We won’t let that happen.”

The ground begins to shake and Ken gasps as he urges them again to get out of there.

 

“It’s too late for us.” Romina says sadly. “There’s not a single drop of blood running through our bodies anymore. Instead of hearts, we have…” her sobs drown out the rest.

“We’ve been implanted with missiles where our hearts once were.” Romina explains. “Our entire bodies are vessels of destruction.”

Ken finally realizes how terrible Katse’s plot truly was. The ‘bomb’ he left behind is actually the two people Ken is supposed to rescue!

“Our bodies may have been destroyed by Galactor, but our souls will continue to live on forever!” Romina declares .

Ken looks on as Julia and Romina decided to die together.

 

They cry and kiss each other.

Okay, one last ‘look quick and maybe…’ picture.

 

Romina’s and Julia’s bodies fade away, to be replaced by robotic bodies. They continue kissing as they explode.

 

Ken ducks out of the way of the blast.

 

The base explodes, and Ken is alone in the rubble. In frustration, he throws his boomerang at the moon, where it disappears. It does not return.

 

The Science Ninja Team was unable to save the precious lives of Romina and Julia. However, their love will live on for eternity.

 

Perhaps one day, the world will finally be at peace, and full of love like theirs.

A shooting star passes through the night. Could it be Ken’s boomerang returning? But no, it is the end of the episode.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]