Gatchaman Episode 43 - A Romance Destroyed By Evil by TransmuteJun
[Reviews - 0] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

They come running over.

 

“Jeepers, it’s creepy!” Jinpei observes.

“Get ready for something to jump out at you!” Joe whispers.

And sure enough, the ground begins to open up underneath their feet, much to Jun’s surprise!

 

 

“Bird Flight!” yells Ken, and he and Jun take off into the air.

 

They safely land back on the nearby ground.

Sharp spikes are sticking up from below where the ground is now gone. The rest of the Team fly up as well.
Keep in mind that in this shot Joe is flying backwards!

 

Jun and Ken contemplate the pikes below.

 


A familiar laugh sounds through the air.

“Welcome, Science Ninja Team!” cackles Katse. “I assume you’re here to see my hostages. Want to wish the newlyweds well?”

Romina and Julia rise up on platform to the area blow the Team’s location. They seem strangely silent and unmoving and expressionless.

Joe and Jinpei see Romina and Julia.

 

The Team leaps down to rescue the couple, and we hear Katse smirk that they have walked right into his trap. And now we see who is speaking… it’s Illya! Ah… are you really surprised that he was Katse all along?

“I’ll torture you until you reveal the secrets of the ISO!” Katse brags.

Joe is trying to figure the whole thing out. He doesn’t understand why Illya is speaking with Katse’s voice. I guess they’re not familiar with Katse’s aptitude for disguise.

“But… but you’re Berg Kaatse!” Joe exclaims in shock.

 

Romina and Julia suddenly ‘wake up’, and to everyone’s horror, they join hands, creating a strange glow.

 

A fat chicken mecha appears in the sky above them. Hey… do you think this is where they got the inspiration for the New God Phoenix n Gatchaman II?

 

Ryu and Jinpei can’t believe it!

 

The chicken flies high in the sky, then swoops down at the Team, as if it were a hunting bird. The Team isn’t too happy about this.

 

The bird comes for Joe, and Ken screams out a warning. Joe easily backflips out of the way.

 

“Damn it!” cried Ken. “He’s using a dove, a symbol of peace, to attack us!”

“Yeah, that figures.” says Joe.

 

Wait a minute… it’s a dove? I would never have guessed.

Jinpei spots the dove coming back.

 

Ken tells everyone to run, and they do.

Ryu and Joe take off.

 

Now the dove really goes beyond the lines of propriety… it shoots feather shuriken at them! Of course, these ones are all metal, but the resemblance is not to be denied.

Two shuriken pin Jinpei to the wall.

 

And he’s not too impressed when a third appears.

 

“Get me out of here!” he screams, and Jun throws her yo-yo.

 

The yo-yo explodes among the flying shuriken, but doesn’t do much.

Joe ducks a hail of oncoming metal feather shuriken.

 

Joe and Ken are backed against the pit!

 

But Joe’s not going to take it anymore.

 

Unfortunately, the dove’s claw knocks the gun from his hand. Joe’s not too happy about this.

 

Ken readies his boomerang.

 

But the dove spouts fire at him.

 

 

The boomerang is lost among the shuriken, which all start exploding like fireworks. Needless to say, Ken isn’t very happy about this.

 

And neither is Joe.

 

Jinpei is screaming from the wall, telling Jun and Ryu to hurry, because Ken and Joe are in trouble. Jun orders Ryu to help them while she gets Jinpei.

But the dove shoots laser beams from its eyes at Ryu as he runs, and too late, the Owl realizes what is happening.

 

 

Jun races toward Jinpei, but the dove is approaching. It shoots its laser beams at a wall, and one of the falling rocks hits Jun, sending her tumbling. Her compact falls out of her uniform.

Yep, I said a compact. Not a yo-yo, but a makeup compact. I guess the Swan is prepared to be beautiful at any time!

Jinpei asks if Jun is okay. Jun just trembles and shakes and doesn’t answer.

“Hang tight, Sis!” Jinpei shouts. “Stupid monster dove!”

“Big Bro… Ryu… Sis!” the Swallow calls plaintively.

The dove comes circling back, and shoots out one of its claws. It’s a small rocket! Jun sees it heading her way, and gets up, running off, only to cover herself from flying rock debris again.

 

The flying rocks knock her compact (which is on the ground) and cause it to open. The mirror in the compact catches the reflection of the sun. It shines into the sky, catching the dove in the eye. The dove’s head explodes.

No, I’m not making any of this up. That’s what happened!!!!

 

Needless to say, without its head, the dove crashes and burns.

Everyone regroups in the now-burning temple.

 

“Okay, let’s split up now.” Ken suggests. Is that because splitting up just now worked so well for them?

 

“I’ll go check out that weirdo temple!” Ken announces. Oh, so I guess it’s just the walls that are burning, not the temple. However, Ken doesn’t wait for anyone else to say what they’re going to do before they all run off in different directions.

To triumphant Dare Da music, Jun and Jinpei find an entrance into the secret base, surprising some goons. Cue fight scene.

 

And Joe’s there too!

 

Joe sees a goon reaching for a lever, but the Condor grabs a gun and starts shooting.

 

Of course, the dead goon sinks against the panel and pulls the lever anyway.

 

Pipes explode, and start pouring out brightly colored green and yellow liquid. It looks like liquid Playdoh time!

When the green and yellow liquids meet on the floor, there is an explosion.

Meanwhile, Ken is running through the temple. He kicks in a round metal door, leaping through.

 

Illya-Katse is there, standing in front of Katse’s Devilstar ship. It’s time for a Bird Run!

 

But of course, Illya-Katse is standing behind bulletproof glass, and the boomerang doesn’t reach him.

“Gatchaman, how dare you interfere with my plans once again!” Illya-Katse growls. “Now I’ll finish you off for good! A bomb in this base has just been detonated, and all of you will be blown to Hell, right along with it!”

Illya-Katse tells Gatchaman ‘farewell’, before taking off his scarf and his disguise…

Katse is revealed!

 

Ken tries to break the bulletproof glass, to no avail.

 

He is helpless as Katse escapes! So Ken runs back the way he came.

 

For some reason, he stops to break through a glass window.

 

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]