Alpha & Omega by Candi Gomez
[Reviews - 3] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Joe glared at Emiko, barely restraining himself.  He knew that if he slammed her into the wall or something , they'd have as many guards charge in as there had been escape routes for Katze and Gel Sadra.  Instead he asked, in a very restrained manner, "How did you know that?"

 

"Instinct, this place, the ISO job, and that stupid broadcast," she replied.

 

"Nani?" 

 

Emiko shrugged.  "I was right behind your right shoulder when they broadcast whatzhizname and Gatchaman asking for bone marrow.  Then after you catch me, you get around to telling me about Ken's having leukemia.  We come here, to an ISO facility, and you tell me that Ken works for the ISO.  My gut, instinct, whatever, tells me that he's probably a LOT higher up than you're telling me.  Add all that to this place's security."

 

"That doesn't add up to Gatchaman."

 

"My gut says it does. And don’t tell me I’m remembering wrong. I’ve got a photographic memory."

 

Joe looked at her with his cold, interrogating stare [last used on Ken to (try to) get him to admit the Hypershoot's effect on him].

 

"My instincts kept me alive for six years on the streets.  Listening to them has saved me from being raped, killed, exploited, and a whole lot of other things.  Before that, my gut told me when the guy my mother was "inviting" in would be trouble and to get the h*** out of there.

 

"I'm alive and intact because I've LISTENED to my instincts!"

 

Joe found he really couldn't argue.  How many times had him and the rest of the team avoided danger or found out what the Galactor had been up to because they'd listened to that gut feeling that says, “Watch out!”

 

"We'll sort it out later," he finally growled. "Meanwhile, no matter WHO he is, there is a very sick man in there that you might be able to save."

 

The third door opened.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]