Early Birds by Ste Beresford
[Reviews - 9] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer
- Text Size +
The Mecha strode slowly through the town, the rising sun glinting from its' back. The early hour meant that though the damage to the work district was vast, so far there had been very little, if any, loss of life or injury.

'What is our position?'

'Just outside the bank now, Captain. We're powering up the extraction device.'

'Excellent. Grab the entire vault and then -'

'Sir! We have an incoming aircraft!'

'What type?'

'Ummm... Phoenix'

The Captain winced at the news. 'Wonderful. Stand by battle stations.'

The movements of the crew paused as the sound of a hammering echoed through the bridge.

Tap tap tap.

Tap tap-tap tap tap.

Tap TAP.

'Is that... is that somebody knocking?'

'Ummm... Sir?' The forward observer sounded both puzzled and nervous. 'I... [i]think[/i]... you should look out the window, sir...'

The rest of the crew turned to look through the forwards view port. On the other side, The Condor stood, flanked by The Eagle and The Swan. He was knocking on the glass with the butt of his weapon.

Almost without thinking, the mecha commander ordered the window to become transparent both ways. Once he was sure he had their attention, Jason holstered his weapon and took a step back in line with the other birds.

He raised his arm up so the crew could see his wrist, then tapped the face of his communicator like it was a watch. At the same time, the very annoyed looking Swan and Eagle showed, respectively, an empty teacup and coffee mug.

The message for the Spectran troops was clear. It was early in the morning, and the three arguably heaviest hitters of G-Force had been stirred from their beds, and hadn't, yet, had their morning caffeine.

'Sir? What do we do?'

'Running would be good...'
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]