Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 25, 2024, 08:42:46 PM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

We had a spam infusion and in the midst of taking care of a few legitimate accounts were lost. If you cannot log in please contact me and I can re-load your account. Thank you for your patience.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Gatchfanfic.com  |  Announcements, Rules and Technical (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Account Issues 9-1-10 - Please Read! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Account Issues 9-1-10 - Please Read!  (Read 2499 times)
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »

As many of you know, we've had big spam problems this summer. This week it became so bad that I had to use filters and other things to get rid of the hundreds of spam accounts and profiles created. I also had to restore some portions (not all) from backups.

The bad news is that some legitimate accounts were caught in the purge and restore. The good news is that for most of the accounts I can restore them with the fanfic, reviews and information intact. For that I need one of two things:

1. An account that was created BEFORE July 17. If this applies to your account, then I have the exact account information and the recreation is really easy. Let me know the username and email address of the account and I can get it going again.

2. An account that was created AFTER July 17. This one is harder, and I will need the author ID number. This would have been located at the end of the URL if viewing the author or account setting page. Then I could then piece together the account, but any author bio and account preferences will be lost (sorry).

If you were caught in this mess please use the contact form on the Fanfic Archive side of the site to send me a note with the above information. I will then get the account restored (thank goodness for backups!).

Sorry about the mess, but blame the spammers. Hopefully the code upgrades will help stop it. Thanks for your patience.

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Gatchfanfic.com  |  Announcements, Rules and Technical (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Account Issues 9-1-10 - Please Read! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: