Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 25, 2024, 05:50:02 PM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Tip for submitting Fanfic: There is a new co-author field. Start typing a name in the top box and a drop-down menu will appear with choices! Click on a name and it will appear in the co-author box.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Gatchfanfic.com  |  Announcements, Rules and Technical (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Re: Pictures from Someone Else in my Album 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Pictures from Someone Else in my Album  (Read 4564 times)
Reboekah
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »

Thanks for fixing this quota... I got stopped by the setting also.

Are there any guidelines as to size? (Kb? Pixel widths? Max by contributor?)

Also - there are some other artists' work appearing when I view my albums in thumbnail form (specifically the "06 Team" and "07 Color") which are not listed in the album count... don't know whether it is a "coding" problem or not, but since the additional pictures are identical for both albums, I think it may be something in the board...

-Boeke
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:16:14 PM by Reboekah » Logged

-Boeke
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »

There are only a few settings for 'maximum' on images:

The maximum for a single image is 1024KB

Max width or height for uploaded pictures: 1600 pixels

Maximum for each member: 30 MB of space

Re: other artists works in your albums:

I can see what you mean. I'm not sure what the source of the error is, but I'll look into it.

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 05:11:56 PM »

Okay, figured out what was going on with pictures from other people showing up in your Albums.

Turns out that the programmers changed what "Album Keywords" does. Instead of your album coming up in a search, it is instead pulling any pictures from ANYONE who uses that same keyword on their picture.

Apparently enough people are asking how to turn this 'feature' off that in the next update of the Gallery script that there will be an admin option for turning it off.

But, in the meantime, the solution is not to put anything in your Album Properties in the box next to "Album Keyword". I changed the properties of the two albums you were really having problems with, Reboekah, but you might want to check your other albums.

Julieann

Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

I am a wife, mother of two, a former Third Grade t

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 05:35:33 PM »

Thanks Julieann, I was having the same problem with my pics... Grin
Reboekah
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 09:36:30 PM »

Thanks for the information and the checking on the gallery cross-referencing.

Isn't administration fun?! Grin

Given I wasn't paying attention to my picture sizes, is there an option to "reload" an image while retaining the comments from everyone?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:17:12 PM by Reboekah » Logged

-Boeke
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 02:05:45 AM »

Well, there COULD be (I know of a way), but I would need to do some code alterations. Kinda silly it isn't built-in, isn't it?  Huh?

I'm going to be pretty busy this week, but I can see about working on that.  Smile

Julieann

Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:14:57 AM »

Well, I should have been writing, but noooOOOOOOOooooo, this was bugging me.

So, problem now solved. While viewing a picture, you will now see an option just below it to "Replace File". Using this, you can replace said picture while keeping all view counts, ratings and reviews intact.

Have fun!

Julieann

Reboekah
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 05:48:59 PM »

Well, I should have been writing, but noooOOOOOOOooooo, this was bugging me.

Writing? Me - I should be drawing (or finding a job or...)

So, problem now solved. While viewing a picture, you will now see an option just below it to "Replace File". Using this, you can replace said picture while keeping all view counts, ratings and reviews intact.

Woo Hoo!!!   Wink  Time to get the collection cleaned up...

Have fun!

Heh...!  Grin

Y'know - you've gotten me started on a MAJOR update to the "Bird Scramble Archive" site... Just getting the structures in place now, but the artwork has been scanned.... once that is together, then comes the second scan session - all the text! <sheesh>

--Boeke

-Boeke
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Gatchfanfic.com  |  Announcements, Rules and Technical (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Re: Pictures from Someone Else in my Album « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: