Birth of the Swallow by Daniel Rush
[Reviews - 0] - Printer
Summary: Jinpei's early years with the Gatchaman team before their first mission against Gallactor. First of a three part series.
Rated: 13+
Categories: Gatchaman
Characters: Berg Katse, Dr. Kozaburou Nambu, Goon
Genre: Action/Adventure, Character Study, Drama
Story Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Violence
Timeframe: Prequel
Universe: Alternate Universe, Tenuously Canon
Challenges: None
Series: Birth of the Swallow
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 8099 Read: 3365
Published: 06/01/2007 Updated: 06/01/2007
Story Notes:
Birth of the Swallow This fan fic follows the historical birthdates and backgrounds provided by Jen Nolan's awsome web site which listed Jinpei's birthdate as being June 13,1992 (Is that his official or the one Jun gave him?) At Jinpei's birth, Jun would be 6 years old. So the story takes place when Jinpei's 6 and Jun's 12 years old, 1998 by the story line.

How many of you remember the BotP episode "Warrior Chariots of Changoo"? Remember the elderly blind man? When he and Keyop first meet, he calls himself Akadang. However, when Keyop climbs out of the underground room where they fed to escape the charioteers, Keyop calls him Mau Lee, but this story isn't about Keyop.

Doctor Nambu takes both Jun and Jinpei out of the orphinage in 1997 and brings them back to a mountain retreat in upper Washington state to prepair them for the Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman.

The ninja master is none other than old Akadang himself who must nurture a troubled little boy into a ninja fighter in less than four years, 2002, the recorded first attack by the Turtle King and the start of the war with the Gallactor.

It's not easy....this isn't the ten year old confident wisecracker boy we all know. At six, Jinpei is confused, unable to remember his mother, uncoordinated and ungainly, and very shy. Joe constantly bullies him and he's expected to grow up faster than usual which makes for a challanging story.... Coming up after Pale Rider from the Jimp

1. Chapter 1 by Daniel Rush [Reviews - 0] (8099 words)