Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 19, 2024, 03:00:40 AM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

We are now heading into the holiday season. This means time with family, vacations, travel, and all sorts of other distractions. For this reason, we are pausing the Gatch Video Club until the first weekend of January. More details: http://www.gatchfanfic.com/forum/index.php?topic=4685.0
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Canon Discussion (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  New God Phoenix & Spartan: Pluses? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New God Phoenix & Spartan: Pluses?  (Read 5730 times)
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »

So many people love the first original Phoenix. Streamlined, beautiful shape, powerful, graceful, and functional all at the same time.

Then comes... the other two.

Well, let's turn this around, and look at only the last two: The New god Phoenix and The Spartan.

What plusses do they have?

Out of the two, which one do you like best?

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
UnpublishedWriter
G-Force Overseers
Condor Manic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »

If it weren't for the paint job, the New GodPhoenix might be bearable.  (I have that opinion of the vehicles, also)

The Spartan?  Maybe if it were a single vehicle, and not a lame combining mecha plainly intended to get the kiddies to buy the toys.

Really, my preference is for the original, or the one in the OAV.  Perhaps because I'm familiar with it.
KT1972
Fan Flunkie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:19:24 PM »

I have to say, if you're going on looks alone, then the Gatchaspartan wins hands down, since the New Godphoenix looks simply rediculous!! Not familiar with how either mecha work so really cannot comment on that. Dont Know
cathrl
Mecha Attack Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »

I have real problems retconning the combination ship. Why would you do that? The moment there's any damage at all, to any of the components, or anything missing, you no longer have a ship. That's even sillier than the initial "the weapons don't work" concept from series 1.

The New God Phoenix does look awful,  but I can cheerfully believe that there are technical reasons for it to be that way. Looks don't matter in a warship.
Amethyst
Fan Flunkie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »

I have to say, if you're going on looks alone, then the Gatchaspartan wins hands down, since the New Godphoenix looks simply rediculous!! Not familiar with how either mecha work so really cannot comment on that. Dont Know

Me too.  I've not seen any Gatch F and only a few Gatch II.  But I do prefer the paper airplane to the chicken ship.

Perspective Alters Reality
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 10:08:21 PM »

Good point on the weakness of a ship that requires 5 fully operational units to make one ship. The original God Phoenix had that in a way, yet still held on to the strength of a central ship.

I don't like the pieces of the Spartan, but once it's together it looks better than the New Phoenix.

On the other hand, I like that the New Phoenix was an entity all in its own. The colors were garish and needed to go, and the nose lifting up defies the laws of physic of a ship in flight.

Sigh. No real solid good choice among them for me. Tongue

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Canon Discussion (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  New God Phoenix & Spartan: Pluses? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: