Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jgatchfa/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
A Question for Writers
Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 18, 2019, 10:28:28 AM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Our site has another feature! Click here in the forum on the "Chat" button to be taken into a live chat area. This chat supports all major browsers, no need for special software to connect. Have fun!
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanfic Discussion and Writing (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  A Question for Writers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Question for Writers  (Read 1012 times)
Bellantara
Fan Flunkie

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:37:15 PM »

Does it bother you if someone is nitpicky in their reviews??  Details jump out at me in things, and I've read a couple of fics here where small details were missed (as an example, in a fic I just read, Jun was described as having brown eyes, rather than green).  It's not enough to detract from the story, but it's something that nags at me.  Would you want to know?? I wouldn't post a review just to say, "Hey, you missed this little detail," and if I were the one writing the fic, I would want to know, but I'm not sure how it would be received from a nonwriter.  Dont Know 

Thanks for reading this, and for the wonderful stories I've read on this site!
jublke
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »

Personally, I'm always happy if someone is reading my stuff!   Smile

On a more serious note, though, I usually try to start my critiques with things I liked best about the story and then go into the things I thought could have used improvement. 

If you've got a whole series of typos or other small corrections, you might email the author rather than present a detailed nit-pick in the comment section.

If you can see that the author is actively writing and posting to the archive (stories posted since 2007, preferably some in 2010 or 2011) - and you really like their work otherwise - you could always offer your services as a beta-reader.  Most of us could always use another set of eyes. 

Hope this helps!

Julie K.

Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanfic Discussion and Writing (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  A Question for Writers « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: