Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jgatchfa/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
NaNoWriMo 2008
Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

July 21, 2019, 12:47:15 PM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Technical Tip: The "Author Bio" is now located off of the Efiction side in "Account Info: Edit Preferences".  The "Edit Bio" will now bring you to your Forum Profile.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanfic Discussion and Writing (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  NaNoWriMo 2008 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2008  (Read 4318 times)
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »

Okay, the NaNoWWriMo 2008 official thread. I thought of putting this in the Original Writing forum, but a lot of people are writing fanfic for Nano nowadays. And what a great way to get more fanfic!  Love

Who is participating? Respond with your Nano name and link to your personal Nano page, and then I'll add it to this posting:

Participants:
Dreamers Cove (Julieann here)
katsesama

Also, this thread will be for support, advice and help.

So, have you started planning yet? Wink  Original or fanfic, or a combination of both?

You know, and idea could also be to plan several small fanfics instead of just one big one. I've seen people do themed short stories before for Nano. Smile
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:43:29 PM by Julieann » Logged

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 11:54:38 PM »

As of midnight tonight, the NaNoWriMo website will shut down, due to reopen on October 1st. While it's shut down, the 2007 forum will be archived so that it will start back up all empty, clean and new. No sign-ins or sign-ups will be possible in that time.

After that, we can see about adding each other to our Buddies list!

Julieann

Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 12:49:59 AM »

Nano relaunched their website early! Woohoo!

So now we can start getting serious. Anyone else up to the writing challenge?

Go ahead and head on over and reactivate your account or sign up as a new user and post it here.

Julieann

katsesama
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 01:35:05 AM »

Holy &^%#$*, Julieann, you've written 30,000 words in 6 days?  Maybe I shouldn't be your buddy -- you're going to give me an inferiority complex!

I saw Janet Sides is also doing NaNo, but I don't recognize anyone else's usernames -- is anyone else NaNoing?

I'm katsesama.
cathrl
Mecha Attack Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 06:42:09 PM »

Holy &^%#$*, Julieann, you've written 30,000 words in 6 days?  Maybe I shouldn't be your buddy -- you're going to give me an inferiority complex!

I saw Janet Sides is also doing NaNo, but I don't recognize anyone else's usernames -- is anyone else NaNoing?

I'm katsesama.

Don't ask Julieann how many words she wrote last year or you'll be really depressed  Bow

I'm not doing it because the wordcount required is simply too much for me, given that I prefer to write longhand first. But I am writing a fic during November instead. I might manage 5,000 words Smile
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 06:10:38 PM »

Katsesama duly 'buddied'! Nice to have you on board! I was beginning to think there would be hardly any of us doing it this year. I recall several participating last year. Becky Rock is doing it, too, but since they have Author Search shut down until later this weekend, I can't find her.

Should I not say I'm going for a triple Nano? Nah, probably not.  Big Grin

Julieann

katsesama
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 12:25:09 AM »

I'll bite.  How many words last year, Julieann?

(Prepared with her  Shocked face, which is easy to do when she sees Julie's current wordcount)
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:38:07 AM »

116973. A good solid double Nano.  Hyper

Julieann

katsesama
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 03:03:52 AM »

116973. A good solid double Nano.  Hyper

Well, you're almost to 100,000 with a week to go -- you going to beat that record?  Wink
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 03:22:12 AM »

The Wave
 Happy Dance
Yay, I did it! And I really didn't expect to do this well with all that kept happening in November.

Grand Total: 150,408
A Triple Nano!

But I did learn something. I think that's the highest I'll ever get. The wall reached forward and nailed me in the head.  Bang Head

Hehe Smile

Anyway, now I'm excited about bringing out the first novel and start editing. I hope everyone else who participated in Nano also had lots of fun! Hopefully a few more people will try to participate next year.  Smile

Julieann

D.Snink
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 10:55:24 PM »

blinks I dun know what your question means.

I know NaNoWriMo means National Novel Writing Month, but Im not sure thats what you meant. headdesk Its too damn early right now.
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 08:56:41 PM »

When I mentioned hitting the wall, I meant the exhaustion from trying to so many extra words. 150k is about my limit. It was fun to get that high, but a lot of work, too.

Julieann

D.Snink
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 07:16:41 AM »

And NaNoWriMo is officially on.  I think Ill edit my signature with my progress as it goes along.....

Im just sad that more people I know are not participating.  At least there is one girl from my creative writing class whos in on it though her computer died the other day, knocking her out for the first week, at least.

sigh

YAY  NANO HAS STARTED dances

wordcount so far: 2k
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanfic Discussion and Writing (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  NaNoWriMo 2008 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: