Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jgatchfa/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Origin Fics
Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 21, 2019, 10:10:10 PM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Tip for submitting Fanfic: There is a new co-author field. Start typing a name in the top box and a drop-down menu will appear with choices! Click on a name and it will appear in the co-author box.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanfic Discussion and Writing (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Origin Fics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Origin Fics  (Read 2327 times)
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

I am a wife, mother of two, a former Third Grade t

View Profile WWW
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:49:46 AM »

I've seen some really great origin fics out there...could anyone name some really good ones to read? I remember a really great one that was written about Jun and Jinpei joining the team...but I know that there may be some other theories out there...

So I was wondering, have there been any challenges in the past about the origins of Jun, Jinpei, Ryu or any of the BOTP characters? If not...is anyone interested in doing an origin challenge?  Big Grin
Ebonyswanne
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:23:23 AM »

Springie I have an outline for a ficcie that relates to Jun, and Jinpei and the truth about their backgrounds. (Part of a series.)

TJ has had her stick out wanting those ficcies done... so far I have done others but not that one. Its just that they wouldn't be done in weeks. Thats all.
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 08:13:46 PM »

Odd you should mention this. I found some plot notes for an origin story in all the stuff from Alaska (My books! I have my books back!) that were made shortly after joining "Bird Scramble" back in the 90's. Alas, I don't think any of it will see the light of day, though. It would definitely be "alternate universe" and some of it I roll my eyes over now. Wink

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
cathrl
Mecha Attack Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 07:32:45 PM »

It's a nice idea - but mine's already out there. Though I've had some ideas for a fic further back in time in my AU - I guess that would count as an origin fic as well? Problem is, it would have zero recognisable canon characters in it...
Reboekah
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »

I remember Olly-chan (Gloria) had a fic or two (or was that three?) concerning team origins... I'll have to get back to scanning early issues of Bird Scramble!

Other than that, I personally have not considered the origins of the team (in any of their incarnations), though in my perception, the OAV series has the largest available canvas... Hmmmmm...  Reading

-Boeke
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »

I noted there is no explanation for the origin of the stable wormholes. I would like to surmise that the Thargoids have something to do with them intimately...

You have the wrong fandom on that one. Unless you were wanting to write a cross-over. Wormholes don't even make an appearance in any of the Gatch/BotP versions. Not even BotP which is the more SF of the group.

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanfic Discussion and Writing (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Origin Fics « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: