Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 18, 2024, 01:22:28 AM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

We had a spam infusion and in the midst of taking care of a few legitimate accounts were lost. If you cannot log in please contact me and I can re-load your account. Thank you for your patience.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanfic Discussion and Writing (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Other Fanfic Fandoms? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Other Fanfic Fandoms?  (Read 17341 times)
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2008, 03:22:16 AM »

Not technically about our fandom, but it's still about fanfic writing. Smile

How many of you also write in other fandoms, and what are they? Do you find it helpful to bounce back and forth, or does it sometimes get in the way of finishing projects?

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

I am a wife, mother of two, a former Third Grade t

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:11:33 PM »

You know, I like other shows, but I have no desire to write for them...maybe because I am so immersed in Gatch...
I discovered Inuyasha last summer while just flipping through channels late one night, and I really like the characters and storyline...but the fan base is so much younger, I feel out of place.

So I only enjoy it on the peripheral, and stick with Gatch.  Big Grin
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:01:35 AM »

Might as well reply to my own question. Wink

Other than BotP and Gatchaman, I'm also writing in "Mighty Orbots" and "M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand".

Heh, and that's not including my original fiction, a novel of which is now 100,000 words and counting. Smile

Julieann

katsesama
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 04:54:58 AM »

Oooh, tell us more about your OF (original fiction), Julieann!!  What's your genre, what's it is about, and wow, 100,000 and counting!
Reboekah
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 09:52:17 AM »

Back when I was doing writing (sometime around the point of a disser-whatzit) there were fiv oefandoms and an original series in the notebook
  1) Gatch
  2) Voltron-Go Lion
  3) Saint Seiya
  4) Yoroiden Samurai Troopers
  5) Cosmo Police Justy
  5) Triads (Original Series)

I actually had four stories written and a few more plotted for Gatchaman. And reams of paper for the other series, though only the same four or so stories actually completed and shared in APAs for the other fandoms. And three novels plotted for Triads.... One of these days....

-Boeke
Lord Als Sinc [de Alter]
Fan Flunkie

The Wanderer Beyound

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »

Well, speaking of myself... I'll say that various anime is something on what my insane brain feeds ^_^ Apart from watching those stupid shooter shows which flooded the TV, I'm watching lots of anime series... Both its beauty and its sense makes my mind thinking every second. If I come and think about the most beloved shows of mine, I'll say it is Neon Genesis Evangelion (Human Instrumentality, Complete, Keel Lorenz-sama ^____^), Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note (aaaaaaa, L and N - you're my heroes Bow). I've used to write something on NGE, huh, most of them are technical essays according the structure of Evas, but all of them are Russian. And welll - I have my own Universe to write out.

--
We'll live and see, in case we're gonna live. - Sinc
Amuse the reality, and it will amuse you as well! - Sinc again
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 11:32:17 PM »

Oooh, tell us more about your OF (original fiction), Julieann!!  What's your genre, what's it is about, and wow, 100,000 and counting!

The String Weavers (Book 1 of The Phoenix Enigma series)

It's a soft sci-fi (possibly YA) story with a teenager named Kelsey Hale (no, not a know-it-all who can do everything better than those around her who have actual experience), who finds out she may not be human after all. Which makes her wonder what else her supposed father has been keeping from her. All set across a backdrop of multiple universes.

Hehe, I'm not playing with cities, planets or galaxies. I'm playing with the life or death of entire universes! Yes, I'm being ambitious. ;-)

Now to see if I can actually pull it off!.

The first line: While other girls her age worried about acne, boyfriends and college, Kelsey Hale's one sole goal in life was to have enough food not to starve, which wasn’t easy when food kept disappearing on her.

Julieann

Ebonyswanne
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 11:36:44 PM »

I love to write original character bio's.( Just to create a person with a few flaws and good points.... you never know they might fit into a story somewhere!)

Hows your novel coming along Juliann? Have you been writing it for a while now?
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 02:05:11 AM »

The spark for this novel appeared in October, was written during Novembers "National Novel Writing Month" (a challenge to write 50,000 words in 1 month), so it hasn't been in existence very long. I'm thrilled I was able to finish the entire first draft in November. Now to work the kinks out of it. Smile

Julieann

katsesama
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 04:08:24 AM »

It's a soft sci-fi (possibly YA) story with a teenager named Kelsey Hale (no, not a know-it-all who can do everything better than those around her who have actual experience), who finds out she may not be human after all. Which makes her wonder what else her supposed father has been keeping from her. All set across a backdrop of multiple universes.

Great mini-synopsis.  I'm definitely interested.

The first line: While other girls her age worried about acne, boyfriends and college, Kelsey Hale's one sole goal in life was to have enough food not to starve, which wasn’t easy when food kept disappearing on her.

Over on Absolute Write, I've been participating in a thread where people post the first 3 lines of their WIP (work in progress), and this is wonderful!  (Better than 90% of what I'm seeing over there, and there are a lot of published folks over there  Clap )
Ebonyswanne
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 05:06:16 AM »

Are planning to publish your novel Juliann?? The concept that you have shown here does sound interesting.
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 12:03:26 PM »

Thank you Katsesama and Ebonyswanne. Yes, I'm working towards submitting this for publication. Out of all the original writing I've done, I think this has the most potential. In the meantime, I'm enjoying writing for these characters. Smile

Julieann

Ebonyswanne
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 11:28:34 PM »

It sounds like you both do a lot of writing outside of Gatchaman/BOTP.
katsesama
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 05:16:27 AM »

It sounds like you both do a lot of writing outside of Gatchaman/BOTP.

I do; I picked up fanfic (I'm a Gatch/BotP/etc. purist Smile) later in life.

Julieann, was this year your first NaNoWriMo?  I''ve never done it.  I have trouble coming up with ideas!  Bang Head  Have you written mostly shorter works?  (I'm guessing, since you're excited to be over 100K.) Wink

Ebony, do you write any OF, or do you more enjoy doing just the bios?
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »

Julieann, was this year your first NaNoWriMo?  I''ve never done it.  I have trouble coming up with ideas!  Bang Head  Have you written mostly shorter works?  (I'm guessing, since you're excited to be over 100K.) Wink

Ditto for me picking up fanfic writing later in life. Until the mid 90'sI had never heard of such a thing.  Wink

No, this isn't my first large piece of work. Arcadia Paradox has been over 100,000 words for a long time. But this is the first draft of something completely FINISHED, from start to finish over 100K.

Come to think of it, it's not even really the number that excites me. It's that I was able to complete a first draft I'm very happy with, and that I feel has a lot of potential, for an original piece of fiction. That's a big milestone!

2007's Nanowrimo was my first. I've known about the event for a few years, but until last year I just didn't have the personal circumstances to take part. The funny thing is, I could have written more than what I did, but by about the 22nd of the month, I had written all that I had made notes for (yes I'm a big plotter and planner). This year I'm going to be better prepared. I want to write the sequel to "The String Weavers", I have a niggling of a stand-along sci-fi novel that is a take-off of a fairy tale. And just to REALLY be on the safe side, I'm going to have a fanfic plotted out that I can jump into if needed. I'm aiming to beat last year's word count!

Story idea's haven't been a problem lately.   Laugh

Julieann

Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanfic Discussion and Writing (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Other Fanfic Fandoms? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Jump to: