Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 18, 2024, 01:28:35 AM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

We had a spam infusion and in the midst of taking care of a few legitimate accounts were lost. If you cannot log in please contact me and I can re-load your account. Thank you for your patience.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Gatchfanfic.com  |  Announcements, Rules and Technical (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  HTML Troubles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTML Troubles  (Read 5973 times)
UnpublishedWriter
G-Force Overseers
Condor Manic

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2009, 01:10:18 AM »

I'm having trouble with the HTML.  I have tried to use it.  I can start, say, italics, but I can't end them.  A few hints, please?   Help
cathrl
Mecha Attack Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 04:31:46 PM »

What program are you using?

If you're putting in the html codes by hand, to end italics you do it exactly the same as to start them except  with a / between the < and the i (I can't do it here, you won't be able to see the codes).
lborgia88
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 03:57:40 AM »

This image I copied might help illustrate...

Actually, as you've got fics already at fanfiction.net, you can "cheat" and just copy and paste the text from your fics at fanfiction.net when you're posting a fic here, and it will automatically be in html and your italics and bold words will carry over.  This has worked well for me, and for other people.  In my case though, Firefox doesn't let me copy and paste from there to here, but Explorer does.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:05:49 AM by lborgia88 » Logged
UnpublishedWriter
G-Force Overseers
Condor Manic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 02:13:41 AM »

For whatever reason, that does not happen with me when I transfer a fic.  The gremlins are busy.

I have a few ideas that I might post here only.  If I can ever get them on paper.
UnpublishedWriter
G-Force Overseers
Condor Manic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 09:24:47 PM »

I made it work!!!!  Yay!   Clap
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 08:53:52 PM »

In my case though, Firefox doesn't let me copy and paste from there to here, but Explorer does.

You can look at the source of any page in Firefox and copy it from there. On the Mac you can also use the "ctrl-u" keystroke to bring up the source code.

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
D.Snink
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 12:15:49 PM »

Good to see this html table tutorial is helpful. Thanks for the comments.
Lenuics09
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 05:08:30 AM »

I dont think people really use HTML anymore because so many sites convert it over for you. I should say so many software programs. You know what I mean. Blue voda does all the  hard work for you.
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Gatchfanfic.com  |  Announcements, Rules and Technical (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  HTML Troubles « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: