Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

March 28, 2024, 06:55:57 AM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Found a Glitch: If you are a new member and are posting a fanfic, DO THIS FIRST: Go to the Fanfic side of the website and then go into "Account Info": " Edit Preferences" and set up your settings. Then Save! THEN go and post Fanfic. By setting up your preferences first, the Software will properly count you as an Author.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanart (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Zero ratings 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zero ratings  (Read 11881 times)
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

I am a wife, mother of two, a former Third Grade t

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2008, 12:46:50 AM »

It may just be a troll...but I wish there was a way to make people who give poor ratings on the artwork comment, too...

It's just so frustrating to have someone give me zero stars on some of my pictures and then they don't even have the guts to tell me what I am doing wrong...

I can't learn from my mistakes that way...kwim?

I'm sure some of you can identify...it's hard when you work so hard on something and someone casually calls it crap...
TransmuteJun
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 12:29:04 PM »

I agree. It's one thing to give a poor rating, but it's yet another to do so with no comments whatsoever. If a person truly thinks that ANY picture in the archive here is worthy of a zero rating, then they're insane. Everyone puts so much time and effort into these beautiful artworks, and they are all deserving of some praise.

I am not an artist (perhaps my art actually IS deserving of a zero) but with my fanfics, if someone doesn't like them, I always appreciate hearing why, so i can improve and address those issues the next time I write. I am sure that artists feel the same way.

Transmute...
jublke
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 03:53:41 AM »

Springie, I was so surprised by this thread that I just went and looked at all of your artwork.  And it's great!  I can't imagine anyone giving you no stars for something.  It's ridiculous.  You have some great Swan/Condor and Swan/Eagle pics in there, BTW.  I'll have to stop back by and make some comments next time.  Julie K.   Smile
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 10:20:13 AM »

Thanks, Julie! I really appreciate your support. *hugs*

It's not as though I think everything I draw deserves 5 stars, either...I know I am still learning...and everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinions...

but I felt like zero stars was a slap in the face...and it seems as though there has been a direct assault on my art lately...

Sorry about the rant...I don't usually get my feathers ruffled so easily... Undecided
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 10:41:21 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, you weren't the only one hit. The upside is that as more votes are made, that vote won't count for much of anything other than the mark of a possible troll.

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 10:51:35 PM »

Thanks, Julieann! That does make me feel better...I keep hoping it's only a troll...but you never know...
I just went over and looked and it seems as though Reboekah and Katsesama got hit today, too... poor Katse got two zeroes...
Ebonyswanne
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 12:54:30 AM »

No one deserves a zero, in my opinion. A lot of effort goes into drawing, if this person who likes to give out zero's is so adamant that work could be improved on, I suggest they email the artist. It's rude to do that and then not even be bothered to give feedback.

Captain Obvious can tell you that these drawings are very good by these artists!

Springie I love your artwork and a lot of other artists are putting in a great effort to fill up the gallery... Keep them coming I look forward to seeing some new piccies!

I love it that other people are having a go at drawing because of the new Gallery...  Clap
Lord Als Sinc [de Alter]
Fan Flunkie

The Wanderer Beyound

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 06:13:58 PM »

2Springie: I'll agree with Ebonyswanne-san that no one deserves a zero. But looking into a question with more phylosophical sight, you can even say that no one ever gets zero. Isn't a drawing experience of yours a gift from yourself already? Of course you always get thrilled with other peoples' words, and that's a human nature to want to be rated, but... Don't hang on it, I mean. Just keep practising. God, I wish you saw the first drawings of mine ^_^ It recieved zero comments and a rating even below zero Bang Head But I kept working, and my rating is positive but still less than 1 ^_____^ Just keep trying, and you'll get it!

--
We'll live and see, in case we're gonna live. - Sinc
Amuse the reality, and it will amuse you as well! - Sinc again
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »

Thanks so much! That is what I am trying to do, but you know how "human nature" gets in the way...a zero is hard to swallow...LOL

But, I am still trudging on and drawing my little heart out...and if people enjoy it along the way... even better!  Big Grin
katsesama
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 02:39:29 AM »

Thanks, Julieann! That does make me feel better...I keep hoping it's only a troll...but you never know...
I just went over and looked and it seems as though Reboekah and Katsesama got hit today, too... poor Katse got two zeroes...

I probably shouldn't say this, because it's going to sound arrogant, but in hopes that you'll find it helpful, Springie, I will.  I know I'm a good artist.  I'm not the best in the world, and there's lots for me to learn, and I make mistakes, but my work is not 0-quality.  So the 0s don't bother me.  They have nothing to do with me.  The internet is filled with miserable, petty people looking for someone else to make miserable, too.  The funny thing is that someone that bitter isn't even going to feel better after doing that, so I can't even say "I hope they feel better now that they did this mean thing to me."  I know they won't.

Everybody who's posted work has wonderful things to offer -- not one person's work is 0-quality.  And I've been through every piece of art on here, more than once!  We are a wonderfully talented group.  (And speaking of Reboekah, she's done a ton of great art she hasn't put up yet...she needs to add some more!)

I have been thinking a lot lately that I need to do more work so I can get better, because practice is the only way.  I guess at the end of the day the only thing that upsets me about the Zero who's posting 0s is that s/he might manage to discourage someone who has a thinner skin, and that would be a real travesty.

Here are a couple of things that make me feel better when I finish something that I feel is crap...it's all about practice! 
http://messa.deviantart.com/art/For-Old-Time-Sake-19448661
http://cataclysm-x.deviantart.com/art/From-2002-to-2007-62360464
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:54:21 AM »

You make some great points, Katsesama! I do hope that person doesn't discourage anyone from drawing...at first, they really had me discouraged. Thanks for those great links, BTW...they are very encouraging! Clap
Ebonyswanne
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 04:43:11 AM »

I've hardly drawn a thing in six months. Every time I try to I just look at the blank page and it just doesn't happen, so now I'm getting rusty again. Not to say I'm that great at drawing, I have issues with a lot of areas in drawing. But stopping doesn't help the process of getting better at it either. Hopefully I'll look at the page and draw something with posting soon... Dont Know
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »

Get drawing, Ebony!! I think you get better and better with every pic! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!  Clap
Reboekah
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »

Everybody who's posted work has wonderful things to offer -- not one person's work is 0-quality.  And I've been through every piece of art on here, more than once!  We are a wonderfully talented group.  (And speaking of Reboekah, she's done a ton of great art she hasn't put up yet...she needs to add some more!)

Thankee Katsesama!

I'm trying to pace myself a bit - As you say, I have more artwork to share, but want to give myself some time to get more sketched and completed before I run out of the older material.  Embarrassed

I do promise, there are more drawings to share, and many to update to a more current date!

I am enjoying all the other contributors too - everyone has good points to their work, and just the effort to share deserves more than a zero... so don't let the trolls pull you under the bridge... Frustrated

-Boeke
Bobkat
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 03:46:00 AM »

Springie;
   Your stuff is great! I only wish I could draw half that good!  Bow

I need to practice myself, but I have 135 horses getting in the way atm   Smile

Meanwhile, you wonderful artists - keep drawing! I love it!   Clap

BobKat
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanart (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Zero ratings « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Jump to: