Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

May 18, 2024, 09:06:59 PM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

We are now heading into the holiday season. This means time with family, vacations, travel, and all sorts of other distractions. For this reason, we are pausing the Gatch Video Club until the first weekend of January. More details: http://www.gatchfanfic.com/forum/index.php?topic=4685.0
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanart (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  2009 Comicon Art Show 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Comicon Art Show  (Read 5425 times)
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2008, 04:03:22 PM »

Next year there could be a bigger presence for the Gatchaman movie at the San Diego Comicon. Which gives us a year to get art ready to make a good showing in the Art Show. It's been a while since we've taken the Art Show by storm! For those not attending, there is usually someone (Katherine?) willing to be an 'agent' to take care of the hanging and tearing down of the art.

Anyone interested in an art year? Wink

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

I am a wife, mother of two, a former Third Grade t

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 01:54:13 PM »

I would love to try it out, just not sure I am capable of it. It makes me feel nervous to think about "selling" my pics. But I'd love to put some up there, even if it's just to add to the Gatch collection!
Reboekah
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 02:55:29 PM »

Hmmmmm...

Well, this is a thought... and sufficient time to prepare (assuming I find an income and some inspiration)... Dont Know

Now - the ideas start simmering - We'll see!

-Boeke
katsesama
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 04:27:49 AM »

I'd do it if I understood better HOW to do it.   Smile  Dont Know
Reboekah
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 05:33:16 PM »

How to participate in the Art Show? Not so difficult... Roll Eyes

MadKatherine can help - she usually has the information for getting display panels and signing up (more forms... not diifficult).
I don't know about digital picture (photoshop) printing for art show quality - most of what I do is pen and ink/prismacolor for display.
However, adding a mat to the pictures is the next step after completing the drawing. Finding a good color contrast is helpful - but I try to keep my eyes pealed at the Art supply stores for sales. Remember that the picture is better off with a cardboard backing - and wrapping the piece in some form of film or plastic protects it from random fingerprints.
A form is usually supplied by the Art show to put on the back with Title, Artist, Address, Min Bid (sometimes even the "quick sale" price) and identification number...

After that - the finished art is hung (usually by the artist) on the designated panel, more forms completed for Art Show inventory check-in/check-out and bid sheets (these are usually coordinated with the form on the back of the piece) and everyone gets to "oooooooh" and "aaaaaaah" at the result. Then, if there are bids or sold pieces, the Art Show coordinator will record that information and get a payment to the artist after the art show has the books completed. The Artist can take all unsold pieces down at the end of the show (or make arrangements and payments to get the artwork shipped). Don't forget you can also display pieces "NFS" (Not For Sale)...

Now... where are those sketches?Huh?Huh? Smile I've got work to do!  Frustrated

-Boeke
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanart (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  2009 Comicon Art Show « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: