Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

May 18, 2024, 05:21:30 PM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Our site has another feature! Click here in the forum on the "Chat" button to be taken into a live chat area. This chat supports all major browsers, no need for special software to connect. Have fun!
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Gatchfanfic.com  |  Announcements, Rules and Technical (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Gatchcon - Comic com officially. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gatchcon - Comic com officially.  (Read 9980 times)
Ebonyswanne
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2008, 11:05:28 AM »

Hi to all of you comic con goers!

I decided since it will be news to start a thread here to ask how you all went at the Comic con and what news anything Gatchaman/BOTP bird related will be great! Especially for the people who couldn't go because of oceans, rising airfares, or just plain broke...  Clap

Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 02:54:40 AM »

As usual, meeting the other fans was the most fun part. When we all get together we get a little crazy. Wink

I don't recall hearing much about our favorite heroes in feathers. Imagi did have a booth, and were running a trailer that alternated between Astroboy and Gatchaman, but as we know, what they showed was the 'old' path. Which was really the best thing, considering the direction they were taking the story. But it was still fun to watch... multiple times...l  Tongue

Wendy had some lovely original fandom art pieces in the art show, most of which I think sold. Next year, we need to wow the crowds with lots of new art! I'm already planning and sketching. Wink

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Reboekah
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 05:18:31 PM »

I echo the sentiment! Was great fun to see all the other Gatch fans... that's the best part!  Clap

The crowds (OMG! THE CROWDS!!!   Frustrated) were replete with cosplayers from all walks of fandom, past and  present (and maybe future?) attracting the usual hordes of photographers.

Diinzumo and I hit Artists' Alley and the Small Press area (multiple times) to scope out trends - and lucking into artist Buzz Aldrin (no foolin'!) with his display commission piece of Ken and Joe... WELL!  Shocked I wish he would have been commissioned to do the series rather than the lowest bidder.

I'll also second the feelings surrounding Imagi's Gatchaman trailer... nice ideas (that move by Joe to let the rocket grenade slide through the front seat took timing and luck luck luck luck luck!), reasonable execution for a promo piece, and I'm glad the storyline is changing a bit from the dark and gritty... though I really wish I knew more of WHICH direction!

Fun followup - after arriving home, stepson Baseli was watching CN's "Johnny Test" and the director for the episode pops up... to be our currently viewed assumed Gatchaman director! The episode was where Johnny and Doug(?) enter various movies via a virtual world interface created by his sisters. Gave me something to consider at any rate...

-Boeke
TransmuteJun
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »

Who is attending this year? I'm looking forward to it already!

Transmute...
lborgia88
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:02:11 PM »

Me too!  Looking forward to seeing people again.   Grin

Currently wondering if there will be panels for the upcoming Hobbit movies and if so, how long I'd be willing to stand in line to try to get into one...   Roll Eyes
TransmuteJun
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »

I'm wondering if I'll actually be able to get into the Big Bang Theory panel this year!

Transmute...
lborgia88
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 06:19:08 PM »

Yeah.  And if I recall, we only just made the cut off for the BBT cast's autograph signing last year.
Cynti
Fan Flunkie

Go go Gatchaman!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 01:04:19 AM »

Helloo, im new here  Cry

i dont know what is going on I just want to meet new people

Im a young Gatchaman fan and i would really like

to meet other fans too !
lborgia88
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 02:11:33 PM »

Welcome Cynti!   Wave

You've found the best English-language site for Gatch fics, here.  You might also like www.gatchamania.net too.

Glad you've joined the fun!
Cynti
Fan Flunkie

Go go Gatchaman!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 05:55:46 PM »

Thank you so much n_n;

Ian currently waitig for the administrator for that

Website to accept me :c it's been a week..
cathrl
Mecha Attack Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »

Hi Cynti! Welcome to the site.
Clouddancer
Fan Flunkie

The Owl's Co-Pilot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »

Clap   :clap:Welcome Cynti.  Yay Nice to see you around.
Glad you found this place, as well as gatchamania . net

I will be heading to Comic com, and if there is a Big Bang panel I might even stand in line with you this time, since I have now been introduced to the show.
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Gatchfanfic.com  |  Announcements, Rules and Technical (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Gatchcon - Comic com officially. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: