Gatchfanfic.com
Fanfic Home * Fanart Gallery * Fandom Forum * Writing Reference * Live Chat * Links * Login * Logout * Register
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

May 17, 2024, 07:01:05 AM
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

We are now heading into the holiday season. This means time with family, vacations, travel, and all sorts of other distractions. For this reason, we are pausing the Gatch Video Club until the first weekend of January. More details: http://www.gatchfanfic.com/forum/index.php?topic=4685.0
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Login Register ChatMembers in chat: gfx
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanart (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Help - Ideas for Comic Con 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help - Ideas for Comic Con  (Read 9390 times)
Diinzumo
Fan Flunkie

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2008, 03:21:10 AM »

I'm assembling some pieces for the Comic Con art show, and outside of three pieces, I'm stumped. Can anyone help? What kind of images would you like to see?
Katharine
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:29:36 AM »

Here's one you don't see every day in fanart- Ryu putting a royal hurt on some Gallactor goon.

-K
Julieann
Administrator
Gatchatot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 12:45:03 PM »

Gee, are you asking for fanart inspiration? Hmmmm

Ken, and perhaps Ryu standing in front of a looming Phoenix. Could be fantastic if you could get the perspective and angles of the Phoenix dramatic. Smile

Ken and Jun kissing while in birdstyle (with helmets off, of course).

Joe looking under the hood of his car, perhaps with his shirt off.

Jun with her bike.

Ryu leaning against the pilot seat of the Phoenix. Not sure what one would put on the viewscreen behind him, though.

hehehehehehehe

Julieann

Who needs a Gun when you have a Sonic Boomerang?
Katharine
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 06:34:46 PM »

Ken, and perhaps Ryu standing in front of a looming Phoenix. Could be fantastic if you could get the perspective and angles of the Phoenix dramatic. Smile

Both of them standing there with arms folded and looking all smug and badass- "Sled Driver II"!    Evil

Ryu leaning against the pilot seat of the Phoenix. Not sure what one would put on the viewscreen behind him, though.

Smoking mecha ruin; more smug badass Ryu.  Oh, how we love our helmsman.

Okay, bent and narcissistic old broad mode is on: The Boys, standing in uniform with headgear off but in hand, dirty and sweaty as though they've just finished with a monster of a base-cleaning mission, looking very satisfied at the damage they've done, all smug and badass.  Gunner's gaze at the viewer, expression reading as "I'm tired as hell but I can still kick you and your army's ass."   Extra coolness- show Marc holding a proured Gallactor rifle over one shoulder.  Not slung at attention, but resting perpendicular on his shoulder with one hand on the center grip so that all he has to do is extend his arm to fire it one-handed.

Heh heh heh heh....

-K
Springie
Quanto-Tobor Rep

I am a wife, mother of two, a former Third Grade t

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 03:41:57 PM »

Wendy, how does that work? Do you sell paintings at Comicon? Your stuff is so beautiful. This will be my first comicon, so I am clueless...
Do you have to have some sort of license? Can anyone sell their fanart?  Dont Know
Katharine
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 04:59:29 PM »

Artists, pro or amateur, can display and/or sell their stuff at SDCCI.  What one needs to do is go to the convention's site: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_artshow.shtml and follow the rules for display of artwork as well as purchase of display space.  Time's short so I don't know if any display space is left- they usually provide about 200 4x4' pegboard panels and in the past couple of years they sold out.  This year a panel goes for $35.00 USD, and tables as well for a higher rate.  You can email their coordinator, LaFrance Bragg, to find out what's available.

-K
katsesama
Cannon Fodder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 03:37:40 AM »

standing in uniform with headgear off but in hand, dirty and sweaty as though they've just finished with a monster of a base-cleaning mission, looking very satisfied at the damage they've done, all smug and badass.  Gunner's gaze at the viewer, expression reading as "I'm tired as hell but I can still kick you and your army's ass."

*swoon*

I'd add more to the conversation, but the description alone totally did me in.   Bow   Smile
Ebonyswanne
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 11:48:08 AM »

I'll be there in spirit...and i expect a full report!!! The Nambu/Chief Anderson in me steps out...

All I have is a web cam...and that doesn't help with getting a look at the events that will happen there!! Damn it!!!

As for artwork.... Dizmo you WOW me with what you come up with, I love what you do its fantastic!!!

How about a team piccie, a fun one... Can you take some pictures of what you come up with???
Katharine
Cannon Fodder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 12:28:21 AM »

Can I add a couple more ideas?  You've done the Expressions Sheets of Ken and Joe...how about ones for the rest of the team?  And to go one step further, how about pencils of full-figure turn-around sketch exercises for the team?   Cool

-K
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:31:48 AM by Katharine Foust Martin » Logged
Ebonyswanne
Quanto-Tobor Rep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 10:16:59 AM »

You girls had better be posting some good piccies of this!

I live in Sydney, thats said, I wanna know what Gatch/ BOTP stuff happens there... I'm jealous of all of you that are going...sigh.
Bobkat
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 10:02:19 PM »

Okay, bent and narcissistic old broad mode is on: The Boys, standing in uniform with headgear off but in hand, dirty and sweaty as though they've just finished with a monster of a base-cleaning mission, looking very satisfied at the damage they've done, all smug and badass.  Gunner's gaze at the viewer, expression reading as "I'm tired as hell but I can still kick you and your army's ass."   Extra coolness- show Marc holding a proured Gallactor rifle over one shoulder.  Not slung at attention, but resting perpendicular on his shoulder with one hand on the center grip so that all he has to do is extend his arm to fire it one-handed.

I'm with Katsesama - I would add more but I'm done   Clap Thank You Happy Dance

We can hope to see this one right Wendy!?  Bow Yay Toast Bouquet Love
Gatchaman Fanfic Archive  |  Discussion  |  Fanart (Moderators: cathrl, Dei, Veronika)  |  Help - Ideas for Comic Con « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: